The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Matching Game – Answers
1. To Sherlock Holmes she is always THE woman.
ANSWER: A Scandal in Bohemia
2. Isa Whitney, brother of the late Elias Whitney, D.D., Principal of the Theological College of St. George’s, was much addicted to opium.
ANSWER: The Man with the Twisted Lip
3. The Lord St. Simon marriage, and its curious termination, have long ceased to be a subject of interest in those exalted circles in which the unfortunate bridegroom moves.
ANSWER: The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor
4. “Holmes,” said I as I stood one morning in our bow-window looking down the street, “here is a madman coming along.”
ANSWER: The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet
5. “My dear fellow,” said Sherlock Holmes as we sat on either side of the fire in his lodgings at Baker Street, “life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent.”
ANSWER: A Case of Identity
6. We were seated at breakfast one morning, my wife and I, when the maid brought in a telegram.
ANSWER: The Boscombe Valley Mystery
7. Of all the problems which have been submitted to my friend, Mr. Sherlock Holmes, for solution during the years of our intimacy, there were only two which I was the means of introducing to his notice–that of Mr. Hatherley’s thumb, and that of Colonel Warburton’s madness.
ANSWER: The Adventure of the Engineer’s Thumb
8. “To the man who loves art for its own sake,” remarked Sherlock Holmes, tossing aside the advertisement sheet of the Daily Telegraph, “it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.”
ANSWER: The Adventure of the Copper Beeches
9. I had called upon my friend Sherlock Holmes upon the second morning after Christmas, with the intention of wishing him the compliments of the season.
ANSWER: The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle
10. I had called upon my friend, Mr. Sherlock Holmes, one day in the autumn of last year and found him in deep conversation with a very stout, florid-faced,
elderly gentleman with fiery red hair.
ANSWER: The Red-headed League